Saturday

Cold!

Okay, so I should've picked knitting mittens. I'm freezing. We went to the library last night, and I got a new book on knitting--Fair Isle gloves and mittens.

Anyway, I think I'm going to save my Jamieson and Smith yarn for the real thing and use something I have for the Endpaper Mitts under "Projects to Try." That means I can start that project now, or at least, I can start that project as soon as I have a giant yellow alien octopus created.

So, this stupid octopus is freaking huge. I'm not even kidding. It's like 2ft or something. I don't know what I was thinking... and why the hell isn't it knitted in the round? Anyway, I'm almost done with the body... maybe tonight! I'm going to not work from the pattern for the legs. I think I'll just knit 20 stitches in the round for a few million rows instead. I might even make 1/4 of the stitches in seed stitch... sort've like suction cups or something. Yes, this octopus is so going to be F-.

No comments: