Wednesday

Sweater

So, Josh, David, my mom and I went to San Francisco this weekend. We went to Artfibers and I got some super bulky yarn (Udon: wool).

I thought I might make like a scarf or hat or something quick with it, but each attempt just made the yarn look ugly and heavy. So, I did some research and found a bulky sweater pattern.


It's done in reverse stockinette stitch and will have buttons on the front. I'm using size 19 circs---huge!

I'm a little nervous because the pattern calls for 240 yards of a super bulky and I have about 220 yards of the Udon. I might shorten the sleeves a little or just keep my fingers crossed.

The funky holes you see on the sides are increases. When I steam it, they'll even out and not be noticeable. Yeah, this is totally before any blocking or shaping at all, so it looks a little messy. Also, the lack of buttons makes it look weird. I'm thinking of white buttons--something to lighten it a little... huge white buttons, like 1 3/4 inch.

No comments: