Thursday

African Violet

I really miss my grandma. My grandma used to have an African Violet on the window of the kitchen. It always had pretty flowers. When I moved into our new little house, I bought an African Violet and put it on my kitchen window. I talk to it when I do the dishes. It never responds. My African Violet doesn't flower. I've tried everything I can think of and the leaves look great, but no flowers. I wish Grandma was alive, I'd ask her about my African Violet... oh and her meatloaf.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss Grandma too. I remember that her meatloaf was 1-1/2 lb hamburger and 1/2 lb sausage (Jimmy Dean). She used one beaten egg and 1/4 cup milk and about 1-1/2 cup breadcrumbs. Chopped onion, salt and pepper. If I know Grandma, it probably had a dash of worcestershire sauce. She put ketchup on top. Baked 350 for 1 hour. That's the best I can remember and I checked her cook book and that looks right. I can't help w/the voilets. Love, Mom